Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reversible Swiffer Cover- Sweeps and Mops

   I have a Swiffer Wet Jet. The older model with the scrubber on the side of the top.  It's not the most amazing cleaning machine in the world but it gets the job done. However, I really dislike having to buy the disposable covers for it all the time. I've seen some reusable options online but none that were exactly what I wanted so I just created this one on my own. I'm pretty happy with how it came out and I'm sure I'll make myself a few more to have on hand since I have messy kids. Whenever you are finished you can just throw it in the wash and reuse it again. Yay for never having to buy disposable refills again!!

I'll make a few tweaks here and there but I should be able to make these for just about any mop/swiffer if you have the dimensions of the pad area.

***** UPDATE***  So I tried it out on my own floors and it worked awesome.  The textured side works awesome for picking up dirt and pet hair.  I even included a disgusting picture of it after use for proof of its awesomeness. Then I just brushed off the dirt and gunk into the trash and flipped it inside out. Yep, its reversible. Woot! The smooth other side worked great for mopping my floors. Off to make about 6 more of these because clearly I need to clean more often. : ) I'm also selling this particular design for $5 a pad if you're interested. If you have a different model Swiffer or dust mop just let me know and we can work out the details.


Bottom of cover

Top view of cover

Totally gross but proof that it works. Pet hair courtesy of my dog which can be seen in the first picture.


Scrubber on the top side of the Wet Jet for those more stubborn spots.


Smooth side for mopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment