Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Basket

                                                                             
        I posted last week about t-shirt yarn. This is the first project I completed using that yarn. I created a basket! It is amazing to me how such a soft yarn can create such a sturdy basket. I used the colors shown above which were a grayish blue, two different tans, and heather gray.

                                                                           
                                                                     
       This same effect can be created using a bulky weight yarn doubled or a worsted weight yarn using 4 strands at once. I will say that it is hard on the hands. Being such a substantial yarn it can be difficult to work with and can wear your hands out quickly. I definitely suggest taking breaks often when working with such bulky materials.

                                                                             

        I am so happy about how this basket turned out. It has found a new home in my bathroom and the size is perfect. This particular basket is 8 inches in diameter and 5 inches tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment