Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Curtains out of sheets

     I recently made a valance out of toddler bed flat sheets. This is such an easy project and a good way to re-purpose sheets that you might not use otherwise. I just cut them in half lengthwise and then created my pocket for the curtain rod along the top. The nice thing about re-using sheets is that the edges are already finished so one simple line to create the curtain rod opening is all that is needed. You could also re-purpose a tablecloth using the same idea.  I took a quick picture of the valance after I put it on a tension rod just to show the finished project. The curtains will go in a bedroom on a real rod once they get back to their owner but I wanted to share the result. The tension rod isn't completely straight but you can still see the finished product.  One day I will learn how to take better pictures but until then, you get what you get. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment