Monday, July 1, 2013

Crocodile Stitch Purse

   

  I finally found the perfect way to try out the crocodile stitch. I've been intrigued by it for a while but just never got around to trying it out until now. I used the Mermaid Tears Purse Pattern from the Bernat website. You have to sign up to access their patterns but they are free and totally worth it.

     As with most patterns I use I changed quite a bit. Mine is smaller and I used microfiber straps instead of crocheted ones. I also fully lined the purse and added a magnetic closure. The pattern was nice though and I plan on making a larger bag in the future. I also plan on trying out their crocheted straps as I really liked the look of theirs but didn't want it for this smaller size. I will say that the straps directions were totally confusing to me. Thank goodness they have a video posted on their site that explains how to do it or I would have never figured it out.

     Overall, I love how this purse turned out and I think there will be several more in my future. If you are interested in this one it is priced at $25. Email me or message me on my FB page to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment