Friday, July 26, 2013

Basket Made With Yarn

 

      As a crafter it seems like I can never have enough storage. There are always balls of yarn to be stored, works in progress, accessories, and the list goes on and on. Baskets are my go to solution because they are pretty and portable.

      This basket was made using two skeins of yarn held together. It made the basket sturdy enough to hold its shape well but was a bit easier on my hands than the T-shirt basket. You can read about the T-shirt basket here.  I have read of others who have done 4 strands of worsted weight yarn together in order to get a sturdy basket but I really don't think that much is necessary to achieve a nice result. Trust me, my hands are thanking me for only using 2 strands.




       I used a country blue yarn because I love blue and this dusty blue seemed like it would also work as a good neutral. The dimensions of the finished project ended up being 6 inches high by 9 inches wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment