Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting back into sewing

 I recently got back into sewing. I noticed a void in the wardrobe of my girls and decided to try and fill it with a few projects of my own. I've made several things so far but today I'm showing you the sun hats I made for my girls.  I loosely followed this blog post tutorial from Sew Much Ado for directions. Hers is super cute and the directions were easy to follow. I love the blog and have several items on it that I'm going to try out. Check it out but be prepared to spend a lot of time looking around at all the great posts.

  I was just using scrap fabric so mine are not reversible and I chose not to use interfacing either. Given those two things I just did a simple fold under hem for the brim and finished off with a zig zag stitch. I think it looks cute and is functional.  My goal was just a lightweight hat to keep my girls' heads from burning when they are out playing in the sun. I hate the dreaded sunburned part but I'm not really a fan of sunblock on the head either so this is a great solution. The girls actually really like to wear them too so they are getting lots of use.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment