Monday, February 4, 2013

Front and Back Post Double Crochet Stitches

    Hi everybody! I recently completed a cabled hat which I'll be posting about soon. Part of creating cables in crochet requires you to use front post double crochets (fpdc) and back post double crochets (bpdc). They are more advanced stitches and I think the results are so pretty.

     Typically with crochet, your stitches are crocheted into the top of the crochet stitch from the row directly below it, but with front and back post stitches you actually crochet around the post of the stitch below. FPDC means that you will enter the the work from the front side to work the post. BPDC means that you will enter from the back side of the work to work the dc post.

    If you are interested in learning how to do these stitches I've created a couple videos to try and show you how it's done.  These are advanced stitches and in these videos I assume that you already know how to do a basic double crochet stitch. I'll warn you now that I did these really close up in hopes that it would be easier to see exactly where I was working the yarn. If my videos don't explain it well enough for you, there are tons of tutorials on YouTube as well so don't give up!

First the Front Post Double Crochet Tutorial video.




Back Post Double Crochet Video






No comments:

Post a Comment