Friday, March 8, 2013

Popcorn stitch blanket


      It has been a bit longer than I had hoped between posts but I'm back with my latest completed project. This is a popcorn stitch blanket. This particular blanket measures 28x36 inches. The popcorn stitches stick out on the blanket and give it a really neat texture. It makes the blanket visually interesting and is great for sensory touch as well. 



    The back of the blanket is flat so it is only textured on one side. Since this is a baby blanket it is made from a super soft acrylic yarn that is machine washable. Anything that comes into contact with babies should be machine washable if you ask me.


                                     

        This blanket is currently for sale and priced at $40. If you like the blanket but would prefer a different color scheme or even a solid color I am happy to make custom orders too. Same price for the same size blanket. If you wanted a larger blanket just message me for a quote.


     I found a free pattern for this blanket here. I chose to add a border to this blanket and the border is not a part of the pattern.  In the next coming weeks I'm going to be working on some projects with the theme of spring cleaning. Whether winter is ready to go or not spring is coming and I can't wait. Maybe my spring cleaning projects will help speed up the process of warmer weather arriving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment